Hello! I have been loving watercolor backgrounds on cards for ages, but I always struggled with them. I didn’t want to use my very best paper for it because that is quite expensive, but my cheaper paper couldn’t handle it well when I was dipping it into my thinned down watercolors.
Especially with the aqua markers that I got a while ago, I didn’t get a good result. Which is a bummer, because I got a bunch of them.
I came across an older tutorial from Kristina Werner where she showed a trick to have better control over your watercolors; acetate!
Below is an overview of the supplies I used. I’m not showing the obvious ones like scissors and such since I think that speaks for itself, but of course if you have any questions feel free to ask.
To be clear, I used different transfer foil but this should be a comparable foil.