As I mentioned earlier in my bucket list post, my interest in Lawn Fawn has grown a lot last year and with that my collection grew too.
When we where on honeymoon to New York we made a trip to Boston. On the way back to New York we stopped over at Papercraft Clubhouse to buy a lot of Lawn Fawn! Since sets are cheaper for meto buy in dollar then in euro, it saved me so much money.
Because my collection grew rapidly by buying so much new sets, the idea came to me to let Jordy choose 2 or 3 sets at random with which I had to make a card. You’ll get so much more creative with this. When we where home again, I thought of this challenge!
Lawn Fawn Random Sets Challenge!
- Let somebody else choose 2-3 sets that not directly correspond together (like ‘Mermaid For You’ and ‘Fintastic Friends’ do.)
Note: 2 sets works best, with possible the third giving you some supporting things (like a little critter) or when you’re up for an extra challenge.
- You’re gonna craft a card with the sets. What kind you choose is up to you!
- You have to use at least one ‘big’ stamp per set. With that, I mean that you can’t just use an exclamation point from a sentiment or so).
- You can use other sets, but only if it is for small things! Think of wanting a cake in your cardif you’re making a birthday card, but the cake isn’t in your sets. Also, you may use background themed sets like ‘Let’s Bokeh’.
- Optional: post your card on Instagram with the hashtag #lawnfawnrandomsetschallenge so other people and me can see the result of the challenge!
Here you can see how my first challenge attempt turned out.
This are the sets I used. The right sets are the sets Jordy choose for me; ‘Village Shops’, ‘Costume Party’ and ‘Easter Party’ and on the left you can see the set (‘Party Animal’) which I needed for a small item.
The two ‘Costume’ sets are obviously matching with each other, but that’s the reason Jordy gave me 3 instead of 2. But you can’t really link them to the shops, except for ‘they have bought the clothes there’ kind of way.
My eye fell on the unicorn, the dragon/dinosaur and the bunny. I wanted to do something with that trio. But what was the story behind the card? Then, my eye fell on the ice cream truck. And then I decided I had to use ‘Party Animal’ as well.
Are you ready for the final result? Here it comes;
Isn’t it super cute?
Maybe the end result seem logical now you see the card, but I think I wouldn’t have come up with this combination on my own! So, the challenge did his thing! 🙂
By the way, Jordy already choose new sets for me to do the challenge again. This time, he choose some harder to combine sets for me… When it’s done, I’ll share the result!
Don’t forget that when you go crafting with the challenge yourself to share the end result in the comments or to post them on Instagram with the hashtag #lawnfawnrandomsetschallenge. You could also tag me in the post! (My username is @PetersTreasury)
Have fun with the challenge!